With only 60 days left in this year, it is important to start planning for the new year now. Why wait until January to start setting goals when you can start right NOW! Write down just one thing that you want to accomplish before the year is over. It could be starting a business, a blog, publishing a book or losing weight.
Write it down and start on it today! Don’t wait and say I’ll start tomorrow, or I’ll start on Monday. Each day you sit around waiting for the perfect opportunity is another day wasted. Life will pass you by and that dream or goal will still remain a dream.
Believe it or not there are a lot of people less talented than you who successful because they are doing the work. So start making better eating habits, research how to start that business, take a class to better your writing skills.
Each step you take toward your goal gets you one step closer to making your dream a reality. So why wait? Start living your best life now!
Here a few simple but very effective ways to finish your year strong, and make 2018 your best year yet.
- Be Grateful- wake up every morning with a grateful attitude. Keep a gratitude journal. Try this: write down three things that you are grateful for every morning for the next eight weeks and see how your life improves. And if you can’t think of three things, I can give you one. You’re alive! That’s a start. Complaining about the things you don’t have or wish you had doesn’t make things better, in fact it makes things worse. Starting today be thankful for the things that are going well in your life. Let your blessings out weigh your troubles. All of that gratefulness will cause the universe to act on your behalf because you are being thankful instead of complaining.
- Practice self care- practicing self-care doesn’t mean taking a nice bubble bath and drinking wine. Self care means learning to say no to things, reclaiming your time, and making time for yourself.
- Start Saving- maybe your goal is to buy a car next year. Why not start saving that money now. Create an emergency fund. You can start with just $1000. Set aside $50-100 or whatever you can afford after the necessities have been taken care of. Do this monthly or bi-weekly.
- Get rid of people of all negativity- its okay to drop the dead weight. Whether it be distancing yourself from a family member or in-friending people on Facebook. You don’t have to explain your reasoning for doing so.
- Practice Discipline- Discipline is very important when trying to create the life you want. Discipline requires focus and self-control. Challenge yourself to remain disciplined in all areas of your life and watch how your life changes for the better.
- Set Intentional and Realistic Goals- Get clear on what it is that you want to do and take intentional yet realistic steps to achieving that goal. Also have a plan of action to how you are going to achieve each goal.
- Upgrade your mindset to match your vision- Changing your mindset alone can cause a shift in your life. Stop saying “I can’t” and replace it with “I will. ” Because nothing is impossible.
- Evaluate Your Progress/ What can you improve on?- Have you met any of your goals this year? What are some areas you can improve on? We all have areas we need to improve on. Reflect on each of those and respond accordingly.
- Stop looking at what everyone else is doing and focus on your own goals- The worst thing you could do is constantly compare your life to those around you or on social media. What people choose to show you and whats really going on behind closed doors are two different things. Stay focused on your own journey. You will get to your destination in due time.
Also to help you accomplish your goals I created a Free Goal Planner that can be used daily, weekly or monthly.
To print simply right-click and press print.
What are some of your goals? How do you plan on accomplishing them?
Cheers to living your best life now!