If you don’t follow me on my Facebook page
you totally should *wink, wink* then you know that my blog schedule has changed from Monday/Wednesday to Tuesday & Thursday.
On to my Current Reads
This year I made a promise to myself that I would read at least one book a month, however I skipped this month because I really wasn’t feeling inspired. So I went to my go to place for books, Half.com and Dollar Tree (don’t sleep on dollar tree they have AMAZING books) I bought O’s Big Book of Happiness by and Say Goodbye to Survival Mode from Dollar Tree for only $1!
Okay so lets talk about half.com for a sec
I discovered it a few years ago while I was searching for text books, but never really thought anything of it. Half.com is one of the best places to get used and even new books for a fraction of the price. The other four books were between $0.75 and 12.75 each! That’s a steal in my book.
I also have a list of books that I want to read before the end of the year here if you’re interested.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People– Dale Carnegie
- The Secret– Rhonda Bryne
- God Where is My Boaz– Stephan Labossiere
- Smart Women Finish Rich– David Bach
- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode- Crystal Pain
- O’s Big Book of Happiness- Oprah Winfrey
I also found The Reading Tag on Shirley B. Eniang’s latest blog post so I thought I would share my answers.
1. Do you have a certain place for reading?
I prefer my bedroom, or anywhere that’s really quiet
2. Bookmark or a random piece of paper?
Random piece of paper or anything I can find really
3. Can you stop reading anytime you want or do have to stop at a certain page, chapter,part etc.?
I usually stop reading on an even number page, not quite sure why
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I usually have a cup of tea
5. Can you read while listening to music/watching tv?
Noooooo I don’t like to be distracted
6. One book at the time of several at once?
One book at a time
7. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
8. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
Depends on the book, if it’s a self help book I tend to skip pages
9. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I like to keep it looking new
10. Do you write in books?
Sometimes all depends on the book, I’m really big on highlighting
What are some books you recommend?